What are they and what are their symptoms?
Usually, the most obvious signs are heavy or painful periods, which prevent you from going about your normal routine. These alterations in menstruation may indicate the presence of fibroids (or growth of the muscle fibers that form the lining of the uterus) or endometrial polyps (localized growth of the endometrium).
Therefore, it is important that you see your gynecologist if:
- Bleeding between periods.
- Your menstruation is heavy and you have clots.
- Your periods last longer than normal and are painful.
- You need to urinate more frequently.
- You feel cramps in your pelvis.
- You feel pressure in your lower abdomen.
- You suffer pain when you have sexual intercourse.
How to solve it?
Depending on your symptoms and whether you want to become a mother or not, the treatments for these problems are different, and can be medical, surgical, pharmacological, etc.
At the ERGO Clinic we will advise you and help you find the best solution for you. Make an appointment with our gynecologists and get an expert opinion.